Skip to main content

Kansas Seamless Transfer

Prospective Students > Kansas Seamless Transfer
Kansas Seamless Transfer | Reverse Transfer | Other Transfer Agreements | Military Training Credit


NCCC’s regional accreditation and its participation in the Kansas Transfer Articulation Agreement make it possible for NCCC students to earn credits and degrees that readily transfer to other institutions. The College also evaluates and accepts credits from other institutions. Specific articulation agreements are described below. Further details about the transfer of credit are included in the College Catalog. 

Kansas Seamless Transfer

The Kansas Board of Regents has established seamless systemwide transfer system, which includes the 32 public institutions in Kansas. For more information, see the KBOR Transfer and Articulation website or click any of the images below.

Reverse Transfer

Students who transfer to a Kansas public university from a Kansas public community college or technical college (or vice versa) are eligible for Reverse Transfer, which allows for the attainment of any associate degree for which one is eligible along the way to additional certificates and degrees. 

Within a student's first semester, those who transfer coursework from a public university, community college or technical college will be notified if they are eligible to be considered for reverse transfer degree status, and which courses are needed to finish the related degree. Students who then complete the coursework for a given associate degree will be eligible to receive that degree, administered automatically by correspondence between the new institution and the university, community college or technical college the student last attended.

Visit for more information.  

Kansas Independent Colleges

Kansas Community Colleges have entered into a transfer agreement with nineteen members of the Kansas Independent College Association (KICA). Students who transfer AA or AS degrees from participating institutions will be granted junior status, and the credit transferred will satisfy all or most general education requirements at the receiving institution. The agreement also recognizes Kansas Systemwide Transfer (SWT) credits if a student has not yet graduated but is transferring at least 24 credit hours. For further details and a list of participating institutions, see Kansas Independent Colleges Transfer Agreement.

Other Transfer Agreements

NCCC has established additional credit transfer partnerships (articulation agreements) with institutions in and out of Kansas. Below are copies of the current agreements as well as other information about our partner institutions.

Baker University
    AA and AS
    Nursing - ADN to BSN
    Nursing - ADN to MSN

Bellevue University
    AAS, AA, AS, AGS

Central Christian College of Kansas
    AS (Criminal Justice)

Chamberlain College of Nursing LLC
Emporia State University
    Business Administration
    Elementary Education

Friends University
    AAS, AA, AS, AGS

Franklin University
    3+1 and 2+2
    Text Only: 614-714-1904
    Learn more: 

Grand Canyon University
    Nursing Concurrent Enrollment Pathway

Grantham University

Ilinois State University
    Health Information Technology (HIT)

Kansas State University
    College of Arts and Sciences 2+2
    College of Business Administration 2+2

Kansas Wesleyan University
    AA and AS

MidAmerica Nazarene University
    General Education

Newman University
    AA and AS

Ottawa University
    AAS, AA, AS, AGS

Pittsburg State University
    AAS (Technology)

Savannah College of Art and Design
    General Education

Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences

Southwestern College
    AA and AS

Sterling College
    AA and AS

University of Cincinnati
     Health Information Technology 

University of Phoenix
    General Education

University of Kansas
    BGS Online Degree Completion

Wichita State University
    AS (Criminal Justice)

Military Training Credit

NCCC reviews recommendations from the American Council on Education to award college credit for military training. Guidelines and requirements for receiving such credit are outlined in the College Catalog. In addition to credits appearing on military transcripts, military personnel may be eligible to receive credit for prior learning based upon their military work experience.

A database maintained by the Kansas Board of Regents provides details about the experiential credit that the college has already approved. (Click here to visit KBOR’s Military Articulation Portal.) Members of the military are encouraged to contact if they would like to request consideration for other types of prior learning.